Here is a round up of my favorite art supplies and tools for creating! I used some of these items back in school and there's a few new additions- like the compass that's seems to do everything, and don't forget organization, inspiration and a mug for coffee for those late nights and cramming!
I love these pens and use them for pen and ink and watercolors because they are waterproof and and do not bleed!
· Full Pigma micron pen set : Size 003, 005, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 08, Brush pen, Graphic 1. Ideal Gift for artist and Sakura drawing supporters
· A must have for Zentangle, Manga drawing, signing, animation, calligraphy, Card making, technical drawings, bullet journal
· Archival quality ink is chemically stable, waterproof, fade resistant, quick drying
I really thought this is one of the coolest tools for drawing I've ever seen!
· Consists of two practical modules, a ruler with a linear hole and a second abstract ruler with a curved outline, a drawing guide rail, a wrench and a bottle opener.
· These modules can be used independently like scales or French curvilinear scales, but things get more interesting when you introduce foundations into combinations.
· It is not only a bent metal ruler, but also a compass and a protractor. With it, you can easily draw perfect circles and patterns.
· It has no pointed head and will not puncture small holes in the paper, but because of the special design of rolling base, it is still stable enough to not move.
· There are two very clear ways to look at it. It plays the role of drawing tools, but also plays the role of EDC tools. It is the best friend of artists, engineers, designers, architects, students and ordinary human beings.
Rex Vicat Cole makes learning about perspective an enjoyable and fascinating pursuit in this clearly written and profusely illustrated book. Over 390 diagrams illustrate every aspect of the text, and more than 80 illustrations reproduce drawings and paintings — by old masters and by the author — that indicate how perspective is utilized in practice. The book is so well illustrated that many perspective problems can be answered without reference to the text at all. The text itself clarifies the theory of perspective and offers numerous practice exercises. Among the topics covered are the principle of perspective in theory, the rules of perspective and their application, depths, the use of plans in sketching foreshortened surfaces, inclined planes, the circle, arches, how to draw curves by straight lines, perspective of the sky and sea, perspective of shadows, and more. Two additional sections cover perspective in the history of art and mechanical perspective. A noted landscape painter and art instructor, Mr. Cole combines common sense with an understanding of Nature's laws to make perspective a subject that every artist can approach with confidence. Art students will also find this book extremely valuable.
As a framer and an artist I can't imagine not having my handy color wheel!
· This package includes one Color Wheel and one Creative Color Wheel (9.25 inch diameter)
· Easy-to-use color mixing guide that visually illustrates relationships between colors and demonstrates the results. Features grayscale, tints and tones, definitions of color terms, and illustrations of color
· Each Color Wheel helps show which colors are complimentary, and how they go (or don't go) together.
· Wheel with indicators for complementary, split complementary and triad color schemes; how to tint and shade, primary, secondary and tertiary references, and more.
This is the brand that was a game changer for me. They blend nicely, the pigments are strong and I love the box they come in. A beautiful set that will inspire you!
· Perfect for detailed illustration work Studio pencils have a slim hexagonal barrel making pencil easy to grip; colors are blendable and can be superimposed again and again
· The complete range of 72 Studio colored pencils presented in a beautiful wooden box
· 3.4mm core sharpens to a fine point long-lasting point producing a narrow color strip that won't crumble during use
Keep it organized with this Studio Bag featuring the artwork of Swiss art nouveau artist Ernst Kreidolf’s “Die Schlafenden Baume” English translation-The Sleeping Trees-makes for a unique studio art pouch, with a woodland design and dark Gothic theme, and serves as a sturdy bag for class or a plein air adventure! There are 4 different sizes to choose from- 10", 12", 14" and 16".
Frida Kahlo’s quote, “I paint flowers so they will not die” gives us a glimpse into the mind of an artist. Frida Kahlo de Rivera was a Mexican artist who painted many portraits, self-portraits and works inspired by the nature and artifacts of Mexico. Inspired by the country's popular culture, she employed a naïve folk-art style to explore questions of identity, post-colonialism, gender, class and race in Mexican society. This art would be lovely for an art studio, craft room, bedroom, or where ever inspiration is needed.
"Form follows function" was attributed to the Bauhaus and Walter Gropius, but this quote was originally said by Louis Sullivan, an American architect, and has been called the "father of skyscrapers".
For Sullivan this was distilled wisdom, an aesthetic credo, the single "rule that shall permit of no exception".
Click on image to see quote.
Plain, ruled, graph and bullet
This notebook features a photo of pencils, pens and brushes on the front cover. Open the cover and there is a place to write your name in (Ex Libris=The library of...), Title, Date and Volume. Quote at the bottom of first page-
"Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time." -Thomas Merton
Want to know what’s new at China Cat Crafts? Sign up for our Newsletter here. The newsletter is sent out bi-monthly and contains all kinds of useful stuff like coupons, art and home décor resources and fun facts.